What’s the problem with this “renegotiated” NAFTA?
This is what we would be looking at in terms of intellectual property (IP) if the treaty were to be signed.
In terms of intellectual property (IP), among other things it could:
- Criminalize even small-scale copyright infringement
- Make it illegal to jail-break or unlock your phone
- Implement excessively lengthy copyright terms
- Turn Internet Service Providers into the copyright police
- Make webpages liable for user content
- Undermine fair dealing, web search, and other users’ rights.