OpenMedia is looking for new members for our Board of Directors
OpenMedia is looking for new members for our Board of Directors who are passionate about the open Internet. OpenMedia is a community-driven organization working to keep the Internet open, affordable, and surveillance-free. By uniting the voices of Internet users worldwide, we are building a community that is finding new ways to protect and nourish access, free expression, and privacy online. OpenMedia has one of the strongest, most engaged communities of digital rights supporters in the world.
It’s an exciting time – will you join us?
How we work:
The OpenMedia Board is a governing board responsible for helping the organization reach the primary goals of citizen engagement and empowerment. Board members are elected for a two-year term. The board takes on leadership responsibilities for the organization. To that end, board members are expected to work in consultation with the Executive Director to:
- Provide high-level operational oversight
- Ensure legal compliance
- Ensure fiscal accountability
- Provide high-level strategic input and insight
- Lead ongoing Board renewal in consultation with senior staff
- Encourage effective planning
- Evaluate high-level outcomes and impacts
Who we need help from:
Beyond a passion for the open Internet, we need help particularly from people who are experienced in:
- Governance: to help make our board perform and function better.
- Human Resources (HR): to help ensure OpenMedia is a great employer, and ensure our commitments are being met.
- Communications: to help meet our members where they are, and ensure our communication strategies are consistent with our vision, values, and goals.
- Finance: we’d love for all board members to be able to help steer and provide oversight for the organization’s finances. We are also specifically looking for someone to take over the Finance Chair, working with our Executive Director to guide and advise on monthly financials and the annual budget.
These needs will be filled by more than one person, so don’t worry – there is no expectation for you to be everything.
We recognize the importance of a diverse team, and encourage applications from Indigenous people, women, LGBTQIA+ people, people of colour, and people with disabilities. Not certain your credentials are a 100% match with the descriptions above? Please apply anyway! We’re looking to find the right person for our team, with relevant skills and experience – not a mandatory checklist.
Will you join us? Please fill out our Board Member Application Form
There are no career opportunities at the moment. Please check back at a later poi
We are currently seeking French Language Translator Volunteers. We're looking for volunteers who can help us expand our campaigns amongst non-English speaking supporters! Do you have experience with translation and want to put your language skills towards digital rights advancement? Let us know at [email protected].