Your Daily Digital Digest for Friday, May 5th, 2017
Here's your Daily Digital Digest for Friday, May 5th, 2017. Thanks to @acurrie for compiling!
Your news links for today:
- Privacy after surveillance reform? Advocates say there’s still work to be done - Think Progress
- Actually, Congress Did Undermine Our Internet Privacy Rights - EFF
- Lawmakers That Killed Privacy Rules Get Shamed Via Billboards - DSL Reports
- Don't Get Fooled: The Plan Is To Kill Net Neutrality While Pretending It's Being Protected - Techdirt
- NYPD Refuses to Disclose Information About Its Face Recognition Program, So Privacy Researchers Are Suing - The Intercept
- The UK's secret blueprint with telcos for mass spying on internet, phones – and backdoors - The Register
- Commons committee calls for rollback of key C-51 anti-terror measures - CBC News
- Untold Numbers of Canadians Are Streaming Live Online Without Their Knowledge - Motherboard
- Competition Bureau suggests Canadian FinTech sector’s slow growth due to regulation, consumer complacency - Mobile Syrup
- Koodo Promo Offers $46/5GB, $49/6GB Plans for Quebec Only - iPhone in Canada
- The Premier League Kindly Requests Google De-List All Of Facebook Over Copyright Infringement Claims - Techdirt
- I'm an ex-Facebook exec: don't believe what they tell you about ads - The Guardian
All links compiled by OpenMedia community member and volunteer Andrew Currie.